County Government


County Services

  • Water Meter Information

    Serve AnacondaInterested in giving back to your community?
    Or, are you an organization seeking volunteers?
    Please visit: Anaconda's newly developed online volunteer center and register! Individuals will be matched with a volunteer opportunity. Volunteers will be recruited for organizations.

    Homeword is committed to providing safe, healthy affordable housing using sustainable methods and promoting strong communities through housing counseling and education for those most in need.


In the Justice Court of Anaconda Deer Lodge County

Phone: 406.563.4025 | Fax: 406.563.4028 | Email
Larry Pahut
Larry Pahut

Larry Pahut, Justice of the Peace

The Justice Court has jurisdiction over misdemeanor offenses including criminal, traffic, GVW, Fish Wildlife and Parks, and City Ordinances. If you have a ticket for which you must appear, please call and schedule an appointment for the following times: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10:30 A.M., 3:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. If you do not have an appointment the Judge may not be able to see you due to prior commitments. The Court is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Civil cases (limit $12,000), and Small Claims (limit $7,000), come under the authority of the Justice Court. The cost for Civil filing fees is $40.00; Civil Answer fee is $30.00 per party; Small Claim filing fees are $30.00 and Small Claim Appearance fee is $20.00 per party. The difference between Civil and Small Claims, much simplified, is that Small Claims must be filed where the Defendant can be served and a trial is set at which all parties must appear. Civil can be filed where the Defendant resides (anywhere in the State of Montana), or in the county where the issue arose. A litigant can represent himself without an attorney in most cases. For further clarification please call the Court.

The Court also issues Orders of Protections, if you have questions you may call the Judge at 563-4025 or the Victim/Witness Advocate at 563-4007. Forms for obtaining an order are available in the court and the Victim/Witness Advocate's office or you may go online and print out forms from the Montana Law Library or the Attorney General's office. If you need assistance with these forms the Victim/Witness Advocate for Anaconda/Deer Lodge County may be able to help you.

Weddings are performed at the discretion of the Judge and you must make personal arrangements with the Judge for the ceremony.

For free legal information please visit There is also an extensive listing of online legal help available in the pamphlet rack at the courthouse on the first floor.